Wednesday, June 19, 2013

100 Verbs Conversation Hour (18/6)

Good morning students! 

Yesterday we went over the 100 most used verbs in the English language, going over the meaning of each and how to conjugate the first 20 of them. 

Finally, we listened to one of my favorite songs ("You are the Sunshine of my Life" by Stevie Wonder) and filled in the blanks for the missing verbs in the lyrics. Stevie Wonder is one of the most famous African-American musicians in the United States. Here is a link to the song with lyrics for you to follow:
Stevie Wonder "You Are the Sunshine of My Life"

From the song, we learned 3 fun phrases in English which I placed below with their literal translations into Portuguese :

1. "Sunshine of my life" - Raios do sol de minha vida
2. "Apple of my eye" -  Maçã de meus olhos
3. "Drowning in my own tears" - Afogando em minhas próprias lagrimas  

If you liked this song, here is another popular Stevie Wonder song called "Superstition" performed live: "Superstition" Live

Here are the 20 most frequently used verbs of the English language. 

1.      be
2.      have
3.      do
4.      say
5.      go
6.      can
7.      get
8.      would
9.      make
10.    know
11.    will
12.    think
13.    take
14.    see
15.    come
16.    could
17.    want
18.    look
19.    use
20.    find


Do you know them all? Comment below to let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about it?
Share with us your opinion...