Monday, September 2, 2013

Bible Study 2/9

When Love Sees You (Jesus) by Mac Powell


Today in Bible Study we read verses about why Jesus came to earth. But first students learned a lot of new vocabulary that was in the scripture text and the song.

Vocabulary




The passages they read

Each student had a chance to read and everyone practiced pronunciation by repeating the words that were difficult for them.
Why Jesus Came – In His Own Words

Matthew 9:11-13 -- When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and `sinners'?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: `I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." (see also Mark 2:16-17; Luke 5:30-32)

Matthew 20:28 -- just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many (see also Mark 10:45).

Mark 1:35-39 -- Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. Simon and his companions went to look for him, and when they found him, they exclaimed: "Everyone is looking for you!" Jesus replied, "Let us go somewhere else--to the nearby villages--so I can preach there also. That is why I have come." So he traveled throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and driving out demons.

Luke 4:16-21 -- He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."

Luke 19:10 -- For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.

John 3:16-18 -- For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 10:10 -- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

John 12:27 -- Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? `Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour [the hour of suffering and crucifixion].

John 12:46 -- I have come [as] Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.

John 12:47-48 -- If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

John 18:37 -- Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say [correctly] that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.

Why Jesus Came - In the Words of His Apostles

John 1:9-13 -- There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, [even] to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Acts 3:26 -- When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.

Galatians 4:4-5 -- But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.

1 Timothy 1:15 -- Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.

1 John 4:9-10 -- This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

1 John 4:14 -- And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.
Jesus’ Claims about Himself
Matthew 11:28-30 -- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light

Matthew 28:18-20 -- Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

John 3:13-15 -- No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

John 11:25-26 -- Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" "Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world


The Song Handout

Mac Powell - When Love Sees You Lyrics
Artist: Mac Powell
Blessed are you as you weep on your __________                           
With perfume and tears washing over My feet                                    Luke 7:36-50
And blessed are you, beggar, hopeless and blind
Calling for ________ when I'm passing by                                         Luke 18:35-43

Blessed are you, shaking your head
At two tiny fish and some __________                                             Luke 9:10-17
And blessed are you as you tremble and wait
For the first stone thrown at your sinful disgrace                              John 8:2-11

Tell Me your _________, show Me your wounds
And I'll show you what Love _______ when Love_______ at you
Hand Me the pieces, _________ and bruised
And I'll show you what Love sees when Love _______ you

Blessed are you, __________ on waves
To find yourself sinking when you look away                                     Matthew 14:22-33
Blessed are you, leper, standing alone
The fear on their _______ is all that you've known                              Matthew 8:1-4

Blessed are you, lonely widow who _________
Your last shiny coin to Yahweh                                                        Luke 21:1-4
Blessed are you with your silver and lies
Kissing the One who's saving your life                                               Luke 22:1-5 & 22:47-48

Tell Me your _______, show Me your wounds
And I'll show you what Love _________ when Love _______ at you
Hand Me the pieces, _________ and bruised
And I'll _________ you what Love sees when Love sees ________

I see what I made in your mother's womb                                           Psalm 139:13
And I see the ________ I fell in love with you
I see your tomorrows, nothing left to chance
I see My Father's fingerprints

I see your story, I see My name
Written on every ____________ page
You see the struggle, you see the shame
I see the reason I came

I came for your story, I came for your wounds
To show you what Love sees when I see ________                             John 3:16

Yeah, yeah, when I see you
When I see you, oh, whoa, whoa

Singing along


 

1 comment:

  1. It was a amazing class, I really liked of the text which talked about WHY Jesus come to this world...My favorite part of the music is: Blessed are you with your silver and lies
    Kissing the One who's saving your life.
    For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about it?
Share with us your opinion...