Friday, July 12, 2013

Basic English 11/7


Simple Present Review

We reviewed when to use the simple present:

  1.        When we are talking about repeated actions. (The simple present is seen with words like every day, always, often, sometimes, never, rarely). Ex. I eat lunch every day.
  2. When we are stating a fact. Ex. I speak English.We reviewed when to use “do not/don’t” (with I, you, we, they) and when to use “does not/doesn’t” (with he, she, it).


We reviewed how the word order changes when we are forming questions.  (Do or the conjugated verb “to be” goes before the pronoun.)

To practice, students wrote down 3 facts about themselves and also made a list of their daily activities. For example, “At  7am, I wake up. At 7:30am I eat breakfast. At 8 I go to work…”

Next week we will continue with the simple present and students will practice by interviewing each other about their day-to-day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about it?
Share with us your opinion...