Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Basic English (for Science and Tourism students) 6/8

The first Basic English Workshop for Science and Tourism Students

Students began class today by introducing themselves and as well as the person before them. This repetition of names helped everyone to learn each other's names. 

Second, students filled out a survey to tell me a bit about their English background. The following were the questions that they answered:
1. What are your strengths in English? (Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening)
2. What are your weaknesses in English? (Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening)
3. In what ways to you prefer to learn and practice English? What kind of activities do you like to do?
4. What ways are best for you to learn?
5. How long have you been studying English? How often do you practice speaking in English?
6. What do you hope to learn this semester?
7. Is there anything else that you would like to mention that will help me to plan lessons that are more helpful to you?

Third, students told the class about something that they like. They also repeated what the student before them said that he or she likes -which allowed them to practice using the 3rd person singular.



New Vocabulary




2 comments:

  1. My name is Ramon Andrade. I like to play soccer, is play video games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Name is Carol.3 Factos about me:
    1)I like to listen music. 2)I'm happy!.3)I usually study.
    Activity:
    07:00 AM- I go to university!
    07:00 ás 11:00 AM- I am in University studyng!
    11:1O AM- I go to watch
    14:00 ás 15:00 PM- i Usually study!
    Good bye..kiss

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about it?
Share with us your opinion...